Saturday, January 12, 2019

Oh Mama!


Shannon Ball of  Pensacola, Florida, shared this photo and story:
"Mama cat is a feral cat that has hung around our house for years. I managed to trap her. (I do the TNR for the feral cats around here.) When I released her back into the wild, I did not see her for approximately 6 months.  Then one day, I looked out of my kitchen window to see two birds bomb diving a cat. It was Mama cat. I went outside to see her, but her foot had been severely severed in one place and she was limping. I tried to catch her to bring her to the vet, but to no avail. All I could do was sit out water and food for her. This I did through the winter, and come spring she was hanging around on a daily basis. She still walks with a limp, but she now makes our front yard her home.  She does not like to be petted, but will come around so I can talk to her and she enjoys hanging around all our plants and in the summer the occasional cool bird bath.  I do not fill this bird bath, because I feed all the birds in our backyard with the dogs, and feed all animals that come from the woods in the front of our yard. She enjoys laying in the bath in the middle of summer with our Florida heat to cool herself." 

No comments:

Post a Comment