Saturday, October 26, 2019

The Mouthpiece (Meow-piece?)

This is the Sustainable Spokescat. He speaks for himself.
Haym says, "I'm a cat with a career, official spokescat for Sustainability Matters @smattersva. I birdwatch, I garden, I pose tirelessly for SM's Facebook and the local pawparazzi. My eco-commitment is real, as long as the treats keep coming.
"As a feral drifting from farm to farm, I was shot by a jerk who got off on hurting cats. It hurt so much, and the bullet's still in my leg."

"Here's me and a friend. #Amphibians are the best form of natural pest control in the garden, so I do my best to watch over them and keep them from harm. Very non-cat of me."

"So I didn't attend the @smattersva Plant Swap in purrson today, but one of my fans sent me a gift, a very special #catnip plant!! I love getting fan mail."

"Me in a jungle of stiltgrass, one of the worst #InvasiveSpecies. Now's the time to weed whack it, down to bare earth, before it goes to seed. Just don't weed whack any frogs or felines who might be lurking."

"Me, the eco-spokescat, leading the fight against #InvasivePlants. This one, mile-a-minute, grows at roughly that speed. Be careful when pulling; I stick to root chewing as the vine is barbed. It's edible, though, and potassium rich. I prefer it to bananas."

"Me starting seeds (in repurposed containers, naturally...) ;)"

"And me helping NRCS check out a hayfield that had just been converted to pollinator habitat. It was fascinating seeing all the native seeds germinating...though they didn't taste as good as they looked, sadly."

You can follow Haym, the Sustainable Spokescat at: https://twitter.com/spokescat

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Such an adorable cat . Thanks once again for sharing this kind of article. Try to check this too
    Types of Insectst

    ReplyDelete