Saturday, July 1, 2017

Green-Eyed Monster



Thea Vincent wrote, "My black cat's name is Little One. This silly little cat who was 'gifted' to me. I really wasn't in the market for a new pet, after having my elderly rabbit put to sleep, I felt it was good to take a break. I'm a believer in animals choosing us, and not the other way around. So when this little stinker got dropped off at my house at 8 weeks old, he became my responsibility." 
     "Funny enough, I even tried to give him away to a family and he was having a 'sleep over' to see if it was a good fit. While having repairs done on my car I was riding my bicycle through the nearby village when the mom called to tell me the kitty was really sick. Knowing my car was up on the racks, and me on my bike, I told her to bring him to the neighborhood veterinarian and I would get to him as soon as I could. So, we didn't know for sure what had actually caused him to become ill. He was dehydrated and spent the next two days at the vets office. When I brought him home he was quite happy, and I guess it was his way of telling me not to give him away again."
    "Although Little One turned 4 years old this past March, he's still as spunky and playful as a young cat should be. He simply has the best of both worlds -- indoor comforts and outdoor fun. What could possibly be better than having room to roam and tall grasses to hide out in? Daily life for this little black cat is always a mini adventure. He's a little more robust these days, but he can still climb the trees, which is one of his favorite things to do, next to enjoying the cat mint."







licking raindrops

No comments:

Post a Comment