Saturday, April 7, 2018

Tribal Quest


Jan Stuhlmacher in Castlebar, Ireland, posted the following to the GoFundMe web site:
"I rescued the then feral Ma-cat some 3 years ago.

I often saw her hunting in my garden. A harsh harsh winter, and she looked scrawny; limping with a broken hip, and she dragged a crooked, broken tail around. What I didn't know at first: she wasn't hunting for herself - she had a litter of 4 kittens to support.

I 'rescued' all 5. They moved into an old caravan on my site, then into a little chalet I built, and now they live in my tiny house. Next followed 2 little feral torties... that's 7!

Next, somebody dumped little Newb in my yard. New Total: 8!!!

Newb arrived with a vicious form of IBS - he required a lot of veterinary attention, and relies forever on a special diet. But he's doing well now.

When I started 'project Ma,' I had 2 jobs. I don't lead a fancy lifestyle; never have. And I thought, why should I involve an over-stretched cat rescue service. Times are tough. I can help, and they can take care of the more needy/desperate cases... I shared 1,000s of photos on Twitter, documenting the trials and tribulations of Ma's little tribe.

The fun times, the joy, and the lessons learned. Meanwhile, I donated to many worthy causes whenever and whatever I could.

Now it's my time... In October 2014, I lost one job. Then in the following January my 2nd 'back-up' job went as well.

For a while, I believed savings could easily bridge me over to a new job. But.... The west of Ireland is not doing so well in the so-called 'economic recovery'. I'm applying for jobs on an almost daily basis.

I've given up all luxuries - including my car, broadband. etc... And now it's crunch time. Unfortunately, almost daily.  At times I can barely feed the 'tribe'. They were all ferals and really rely on the environment they grew up in.

Here is how to contact her, should you be interested in helping out:

The Tribes Twitter is @TribeOfMa 
https://www.gofundme.com/tribeofma






1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I'm so sorry - how did I never see this!? Oh, this is Jan aka @Tribeofma (On Twitter and Instagram). Thank You very much for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete