Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Meditation on the Rake

Sharee Solow submitted this entry from her Japanese-styled Back Garden, Elkins Park, PA
 
 
 
After spending three weeks in Japan completing certification in Japanese garden history, design, installation and maintenance I decided to remove the ground cover plants from this area by my pond and install a stone rake area with the traditional 3 deity stones. KK loves to just lay on the raked stone, sometimes with his head on the lowest Buddisatra, and does not ever dig in it. I wonder if there's some kind of deeper meaning there?
 
Got everything watered again (sorry bout the muddy foot) and attempted to rake my stones but I don't don't know what the Japanese do about the Kitty Kat (aka KK) during this meditation.
 
About the photographer:
Sharee Solow, ASLA, PCH

No comments:

Post a Comment