Friday, November 18, 2011

Why is No One Rubbing My Tummy?


Belin




















This was taken at Longwood Gardens by Diana Wind. Diana is a gardening chef and registered dietitian in New Jersey. She also submitted a homeless cat image from her garden a few days ago. She can be found on Twitter . Her food blog is at http://gardencuizine.com/.

I did a little googling and found out the cat's name is Belin and this is his favorite chair in the Peirce-du Pont house conservatory. He has been photographed  in it by many visitors to Longwood. According to Longwood's own blog, Belin is one of 11 cats that patrol this wonderful public garden. “Belin” (pronounced BEE-lin) is Ms. Alice du Pont’s maiden name.

I can't wait to visit Belin and the other 10 garden cats myself next month on a daytrip tour to see Longwood's holiday extravaganza. If you'd like to join me on the tour, see the full trip details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment