Friday, June 14, 2019

Hachi: A Cat's Tale

Hachi reacts with consternation to my meowing at him.
 Inez Austin Jackson and I are both members of the Potomac Rose Society and a few other local garden clubs. Over the years, I have heard amazing things about her garden and legendary hospitality, so I eagerly anticipated attending her open garden a few weeks ago. What I had not been told about was her beautiful garden cat. This stunner came out the greet me as I took numerous photos around her garden. He was a terrific and playful tour guide.

She writes, "His name is Hachi. He is an Ocicat breed. He is extremely loving and friendly to others but an avid hunter. Keeps after the chipmunks and has rid the garden of moles, voles, and mice. When he isn’t busy hunting, he loves to ride around with me in the car on errands. 
  The little box on his collar keeps him as a house and garden cat. Otherwise, he would be over the fence- hunted and eaten by the many, many foxes in the neighborhood."

Why are all these insane plant people in my garden?

Pet me, please!

Those gorgeous hunter eyes,

Hachi accepts stranger's kisses.

Guarding his corner of the garden.

A sign from Inez's kitchen.


 

1 comment:

  1. Your storytelling adds such a personal touch to your blog. It's refreshing to read content that feels genuine and relatable. Keep up the excellent work!
    ocicat


    ReplyDelete