Saturday, December 5, 2020

Amateur Bot-ann-ist's Cat Crew

The Cat Crew enjoying some catnip.

Fellow garden blogger Ann Amato celebrated her recent blog anniversary (13 years!) by sharing her cat crew. Here is an excerpt from that post.

Mona

Long ago I found Mona under some bushes in a parking lot at a strip mall when she was a kitten. She was alone and it was a dark and rainy night. She was starving. I think she is around 16 now. Up until this year she liked to be outside a lot, but as of a few months ago, she is now a full-time housecat living in the basement with all of my plants and a lot of privacy. We used to keep her apart from the other 3 because she’s part-feral but she is no longer upset by the younger 3 cats and they all seem to get along.

Her best friend was the cat I named the garden after, Maurice, and he passed away several years ago now. Just before he passed away here at home, they spent his last few hours together in the garden. I’m still too sad to post the photo, but the garden is no longer hers. She has passed it on to the younger three. [She previously shared her memories of her cat Maurice with us here.]

LuLu

Did I mention that Piggy is difficult? Did that come through clearly? She loves to snap her tail around and catnip makes her go psycho, but each night she grooms my chin and curls up under the blankets right next to me or above my head on her pillow. She’s our angel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are some awesome photos of this wonderful mancat. I have something related to the cat, A intelligent escaping toy for cats. I sure your mancat will like it.

    ReplyDelete