Saturday, March 19, 2022

Mango Ripple -- a Truly Delicious Treat!

Lara Kris Watson shared these photos of her kitties and said, "Ripple is the brown one [shown above], he was found outside in 2018 with a cut tail and ear. He was saved by A Cats Life Rescue and I took him in to foster him. One look at him though and I knew I couldn’t give him back! He is now 2 and the light of my life! He loves to wake me up with meows so he can go outside to play!"


"Mango is the orange cat [shown above]. I rescued him when I lived in upstate NY from a friend who had a farm. People kept leaving cats at his farm and Mango had an eye infection, so I took him so I could care for him. I moved back to the area in 2017. I took him to Friendship Hospital for Animals to continue his eye care. but eventually his cornea burst and he had to have his eye removed. Now he is a pirate and much happier to have the painful eye gone! He loves to explore up the streets and greet all the people who come to my Purple Community Bins. Everyone loves Mango and some neighbors come just to visit him! Their favorite spot to lay in the summer is in the cave under a bush in my Gratitude Garden."


"People enjoy my Gratitude Garden in the summer and kids love to look for all the treasures of fairies, gnomes, and statues in the garden. The Purple Community Bins help lots of local families who are experiencing food insecurity and having Mango and Ripple there to greet them makes their day!"
















8 comments:

  1. These kitties are my neighbors, and Mango is the friendliest cat I've ever met! Ripple is a nice guy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mango is the neighborhood greeter for sure! Ripple is still a bit hesitant around people but he's gotten a lot better thanks to the community bins and watching his brother interact with people. I'm so glad they bring you joy!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your photos and being there for cats in need! You deserve a lot of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I get a lot of love from my community and friends! My boys give me a ton of love too and I'm so grateful for them!

      Delete
  3. My mother would have loved your orange kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did she have a thing for orange kitties? I hope that she is surrounded by cats on the Other Side (it sounds like she has passed from your comment so I'm sorry for your loss)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Joe's post about his mother and her cats at -
      https://catsingardens.blogspot.com/2022/02/the-orange-cats-diaries.html

      Delete