Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Allotment Cat


Robert the Allotment Cat is " a cat living on an allotment site (community garden) in Birmingham UK. My human does not understand cats. I am trying to help her."

He communicates through his Twitter account @AllotmentCat.

I contact his human, Betty, and she was happy to have me share Robert's photos with you all. Here are some of my favorites --

I love drinking from this thing. My human says it's for watering the plants but I don't care and anyway, the plants seem to be doing well on it so maybe it will do me good too. What do you think?

My human and some others sat around the table and talked. I thought it would be good if I helped so I lay down on top of some paper. My human said I will have to join the committee. What's a committee?

Apparently she doesn't know anything about cats. I don't believe her, she knows how to make me happy. She picked me up and I loved it so she does it every day now. I think I have trained her well. The last 18 months have been the best in my life.

I liked one of the humans a lot. I kept her company in the greenhouse, she told me I was her best boy and that I would be known as 'Robert' from now on. I was happy, I sat and looked at her so she could take a photo. She takes LOTS of photos.

I started to like being here. I went to the greenhouse every day. There was a human there who put food down for me when she saw me. Other humans came to see me and I began to feel really special.

Earlier this year I helped my human to grow lots of plants. I am careful and I don't squash them. I like gardening.

I think our allotments are special. The humans look after us cats (there are 7 of us living there) and we have lovely warm beds to sleep in and lots of food every day. I sometimes sleep in a greenhouse.

4 comments:

  1. Robert would be thrilled to know he is in your blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Just love the words and the photos, Robert is a very special boy, and all his friends of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about Robert, but sadly, I learned today that his home is under threat from redevelopment. Betty, his human, has asked for our help. I have already shared on Twitter and Facebook, and will be writing to the council leader. Everyone can help by signing the petition.https://www.change.org/p/ian-ward-save-walsall-road-allotments?recruiter=36552461&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&recruited_by_id=064670a0-27a4-0130-2269-3c764e049b10&utm_content=fht-14289851-en-gb%3Av6&fbclid=IwAR3iV4oYITd9v7TWv2J0boNp1zqhLXjOeJjb1YbeG0IthiYA3GIzK3udd8A[/url

    ReplyDelete