Saturday, October 2, 2021

Safe House Plants for Pets

Both my cats are plant lovers. Meaning that ANY plant I bring inside my home are immediately inspected and chewed on. I have tried several ways of keeping my cats and plants separated -- from glass domes to high shelves. No matter how cat-proof I think my methods are, my cats have always found a way to get to the plants, so I have to be super-careful about what I house plants I grow.

A few weeks ago I heard from a company that has a collection of pet friendly plants and they offered to send me a sample, I received the Blue Star Fern (Phlebodium aureum) from Wild Interiors Plants last week and it came very well packed and in perfect shape. 

The second I placed the plant on my sofa table, Versace (pictured above) leapt up and bit off a leaf. The next morning I found a few more leaves bitten off. Since then though, he has left the plant alone. My other cat, Santino, had not touched it. I am just happy that I don't have to worry about a little occasional grazing on this plant.


The Wild Interiors web site offers a handy online guide to some of their many pet-friendly plant options. Those that are pet-safe and non-toxic feature paw print icons next to their website descriptions. These options include something for every budget and style to seamlessly integrate into your existing space without harming curious pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment