Saturday, April 2, 2022

Memories of Morgan


Steve Moore of Fort Worth, Texas, shared these memories of his late cat, Morgan (pictured above):

July 2, 2013
"Just because you have four legs does not mean that you cannot be a real friend and companion. My four-legged pal has been my fat cat, Morgan. Through fun times and the saddest, she’s been here. Okay, she’s probably more interested in getting fed regularly than any of my needs, but we sustain each other mutually. I’ve often ridiculed those stereotypical people with cats who have become obsessed. My late partner Christian’s Grandfather Bill Kavanaugh worshipped his cat as long as I knew him, but somehow this feels different. Having lost Christian, and having lost Morgan’s companion Kevin as well as our tabby Tiger, she’s just as alone as I’ve been. I’ve tried to add some new companions for us both, Timmie and Linus, but they’ve been more challenging than I’d have hoped."

"When we settle in for the night and Morgan reminds me of happier times, I find myself moved to the tears of an old man lost in memories. I often feel like I’m losing my grip until I realize that I’m still grieving and missing Christian. She’s one of the few close links to Christian that remain, other than those many possessions that the two of us accumulated. Morgan provides me with tremendous joy and companionship. I’m thankful to the vet for helping me to keep her around as long as possible."

December 13, 2021
"Twenty years and 6 months ago this sweet, demonstrative, Type-A animal became part of our Family. Morgan has been an angel, a pill, a lady of the house, ruler of all that she surveys. Today I helped her take that walk over the bridge of life into her next consciousness where she can hear once again, eat all of the ice cream and whipped cream she wants, swat at those she won't like, greet her brother Kevin, and have the very best eternal existence possible. Bye Sweet Girl. You've always been Daddy's sweetheart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment