Saturday, April 16, 2022

She's Got Moxie!

Myrthe Doedens shared these photos and said, "I run the Instagram account Growing on Hamilton (@growingonhamilton), which documents my attempt to turn a mostly concrete back "yard" into a green oasis in Washington, DC. While this is my first season gardening, I have long been a cat lover and knew I wanted to add a kitten back into my life. Enter: Moxie! 
   She is a rescue and her litter was found outside on a farm in Maryland. I adopted her at 11 weeks old and, because she was so small, could not bring her outside until recently. In the city, we have very eager vultures and sometimes foxes who I worried would be all too interested in her if she were lounging outside in the sun. Now, at 15 weeks old, she's big enough to fit in a harness and is starting to explore! 
   So far, she loves chasing bumble bees and flies under the apple tree and is eyeing up my lower raised bed as a playground...we'll be installing some fencing soon. She also loves her big brother Melee, a 3 year old Doberman, who joins me in the garden often to enjoy a lazy afternoon snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment