Saturday, March 4, 2023

Introducing Kimba and Fancy

@wdcgardener We grew the grass just for the kitties and they weren’t even that interested! #wdcgardener #cats #gardening ♬ I Think I Like When It Rains - WILLIS

Last March, I lost my beloved Versace. He was THAT CAT -- the one you bond with in such a special way that no one could possible replace him. While I still mourn him terribly, I am consoled by his stepbrother Santino and the two feral kittens that I took in last spring -- Kimba and Fancy. I thought it is high-time now to introduce these two youngsters to you. 

These tabby-mix litter mates look like they have different fathers, but we don't know for sure. They started off the same-size as wee baby kittens. Kimba is a big, muscular boy and has grown to almost 11 pounds! Fancy is a dainty girl and barely 5 pounds now, though she eats like a pig!

They have calmed down a bit as they are approaching their first birthdays, yet still wreak havoc on my house and all the plants inside. We recently grew some cat grass for them and Fancy has enjoyed grazing on it. (See video above.) Kimba though is just thoroughly confused by the cat grass and thinks other plants are much more fun to tip over, dig in, munch on, and otherwise destroy. I am at my wit's end with him and have several barricades up around the house and windows to contain the worst of the damage. We'll see if he outgrows this phase soon.

Here is also a video of them experiencing their first snow from the safety for indoors: 

https://www.tiktok.com/@wdcgardener/video/7204473067429498155?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7122118070726264366

I know I'll be sharing my pics and videos of Kimba and Fancy in coming years 😼.
Here is a recent one of them enjoying a sunny windowsill together.


No comments:

Post a Comment