Saturday, May 22, 2021

Derby Winner

 

"Hey, it’s Derby here. I’m a 5-year-old ginger with classic tabby markings that I like to show off by sprawling out in the garden, usually right in the middle of foot traffic on a path or near the closest wild catnip plant. I was adopted from Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary and hit the garden cat jackpot."

"I live indoors (bor-ing, although handy during those Wisconsin winters), but I spend nearly as much time in the backyard during the growing season as my human gardener buddy. My preferred garden activities are chewing on ornamental grasses ('Toffee Twist' is a personal favorite), rolling around in the dirt, catching a catnap in the shade gardens, keeping an eye out for rascally chipmunks and, just for fun, occasionally squeezing through the pickets of the fence, which is frowned upon. Oh, and water! Did I mention water?  Love the stuff. There’s nothing better than wading into a freshly filled birdbath for a drink. Cheers and happy gardening!"

Derby lives with Zone 5a gardener and entertainment/feature writer Kendra Meinert and an easygoing brother, Wyler, in Green Bay. You can follow their gardening adventures on Instagram @KendraMeinert.

No comments:

Post a Comment